I’m stil a few years away from 26, but these ‘life lessons’ really hit home with me when I flopped onto my bed after a long but productive day at work and caught up on reading. I frequent this blog for inspiration and guidance. What’s your favorite one?
- Being an adult can be fun when you are acting like a child.
- Love has nothing to do with looks, but everything to do with time, trust, and interest.
- Laughing, crying, joy and anger… All are a vital. All make us human.
- The greatest truths in life are uncovered with simple, steady awareness.
- Greed will bury even the lucky eventually.
- Bad things do happen to good people.
- Paving your own road is intelligent only if nobody has gone exactly where you are going.
- Uncertainty is caused by a lack of knowledge. Hesitation is the product of fear.
- Time heals all wounds… regardless of how you feel right now.
- Most of the time what you are looking for is right in front of you.
- Your health is your life.
- Chance is a gift, so act on chance when given the opportunity.
- Kindness and hard work will take you further than intelligence.
- People deserve a second chance, but not a third.
- Marry your best friend.
- Take lots of pictures. Someday you’ll be really glad you did.
- Money makes life easier only when the money is yours free and clear.
- Carelessness is the root of failure
- Your actions now create memories you will reminisce and talk about in your elder years.
- Stepping outside of your comfort zone will put things into perspective from an angle you can’t grasp now.
- Motivation comes in short bursts. Act while it’s hot.
- Purposely ignoring the obvious is like walking backwards toward the enemy.
- Taking ownership of failure builds the foundation for success.
- First impressions are completely worthless 50% of the time.
- Personal glory lasts forever.
- If you never act, you will never know for sure.
Original Article from Mark & Angel Hack Life can be found at http://www.marcandangel.com/2008/02/06/26-life-lessons-learned-by-age-26/